Thursday, October 4, 2012

IT'S THURSDAY--AGAIN

It's auction time--again. My cash flow is a little under the weather today; so I will be buying very judiciously.
Last week I was very good and stayed true to my goal--I didn't buy any furniture, wasn't even tempted by a single chair.  But I did buy these amazing floor lamps




   



I believe the lamps date to the late 1960's, perhaps late 1970's. They are hand wrought French gilt iron of Easter Lily form. If the gilt iron detailing, gorgeous tripod foot and great condition and rarity weren't enough bells and whistles==LOOK AT THE SHADES!!
If I were to replace these shades, each one would cost over $200.00.
So I'm going to auction aiming for a couple of hits and am going without any preconceived limitations (other than the final tally for the day).
Jones says "hi"--we are both loving the change in temperature...today will be a true Fall day with temps in the 70's (mink coat time). I am so grateful.
Have a wonderful Thursday.

Mary and Jones (and Cole)




4 comments:

  1. Mary those lamps are gorgeous beyond! The pair would work almost anywhere in ones home!Good luck at auction!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena,
      Yes, I know--I'm so glad that I can't take them home (too many beasties) as they would never find their way back to the shop.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Mary, the lamps are amazing! I love the shape of them, delicate and refined...

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,
      Thank you so much! I though that they were Italian when I bought them, but they are soooooo much better. Thank you for brightening my days with your still life posts.
      Mary

      Delete