Thursday, March 7, 2013

SPRING AND THE LOVING TREE



This stump sits at the base of "The Loving Tree" in my back yard. Every year I anxiously await the first budding of the The Loving Tree as witness to approaching Spring. This week her leaves started popping out from their fat nubby tips. I'm anticipating seeing her in all of her glory: she is huge and spreads her branches wide--it is always moody and cool under her canopy even on the hottest Southern California scorcher. Her heart reminds me that all is well.
Wednesday was a glorious morning--crisp with cerulean blue skies and puffy wispy clouds. And The Loving Tree was full of many tiny chatty finches. I tried to get a good photo of them, but the little guys are so perfectly camouflaged that they just look like branches. Oh, well, they are there proclaiming spring.






Now on to Auction Thursday.
I'm drooling over these gorgeous French opaline blue glass lamps (the pair). I need another pair of lamps like another whole in my head, but the color of these is
spectacular and highly desirable.  



And as long as I'm going for lamps.....these brass guys are great, very large (a good thing) and manufactured by Frederick Cooper (a very good thing) and probably date to the 1980s!!! Great to mix with Milo Baughman furniture.



Wish me luck....can't believe that I'm buying more lamps!!!

Mary & Jones (and Cole) 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary, I love the loving tree and the lamps are gorgeous!

    love and hugs,

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Thank you. I can't wait to see them in my shop. xoxo Be well.
      Mary

      Delete