Sunday, October 26, 2014

HEROES

Two of my heroes died this week. Ben Bradlee and Oscar de la Renta. I came to age when these larger than life men were coming into their prime years of achievement. 
Ben Bradlee--charismatic and daring, publishing what no other had dared.
Oscar de la Renta--equally charismatic and the perfect gentleman who chose to improve the lives of those he touched.
I'm still tearing up as I write this--and I never knew these gentlemen. 
My hope is that new heroes rise up to fill these, now empty, memorable shoes.

4 comments:

  1. Mary I too was so saddened by the loss of these great men. The people who leave an such a huge imprint on this earth have blessed us with their presence.

    xoxo,
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had so many losses this year! Those are two icons in their fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, We have been fortunate to have lived while they had a huge influence. Have a super week. Mary

      Delete