Wednesday, November 29, 2017

0NE HUNDRED THOUSAND AND COUNTING...............


I realize that is not a very pretty photo...but it is significant. I just pass the 100,000 mark for visitors to my blog. I am honored that even one person has cared to read my ramblings. Thank you so much for visiting. And here's to the next 100,000 visits.

Yes, tomorrow is auction day. Last week was Thanksgiving; so no auction--and today the floor was jammed with items. Not all that much that is calling to me, but there is always something that I missed.
Since I have no extra room at shop, I think that I can only buy things to hang on the ceiling or on the walls (it's pretty tight there, too).
And wouldn't you know, I spied a chandelier that just might be for me



My friend Coleen (Coleen & Co. creates the stunning pagoda style lanterns and other chic light fixtures that are seen in all of the shelter magazines) knew who made the chandelier (which is still in production)--it just so happens to be bronze (and why would they powder coat it?) and super heavy. I love the coral form! I wonder how much it would cost to strip off the white, leaving it bronze?.....hmmm??
I spied an early 19th c. (perhaps late 18th c.?) landscape painting--just the type that would group well with other genre landscapes. The frame is original gold leafed with just the right amount of patina.......






This painting is a good possibility--at least I like it.....


I have always wanted an antique horse--but not so much today (probably have finally outgrown that desire) and this poor guy doesn't look very healthy.


I have never wanted a crocodile.............this guy is to die for: African, very long, folk art, tons of character and fun




I'm not even going to considering the croc, but I do love him. He's at least 5 feet long and I do not have a spare inch.







Last up are these three birds prints--they are quite large and super decorative. The gold leaf frames are great and the matting is amazing. There is only one problem--I think they are 20th c. renditions of the late 18th c. bird engravings by Catesby/Edwards. I have sold several of the real Catesby/Edwards and they are infinitely small. These guys show pixels; so they are simply good prints married to an exceptional frame. 

Well, it's time Jones & Cole to get to bed--we will be getting super early tomorrow and need to be on our toes.

Blessings for the week--thanks for all of the visits.

Mary & Jones & Cole 












No comments:

Post a Comment