Thursday, November 9, 2017

THE MISERY OF DEFEAT--Well Not Quite

           THIS IS IT...


I previewed, I hunted, I saw and I conquered only this nice bentwood nest of 4 tables (Quartetto Tables) in the style/attributed to Thonet.
**Quartetto Tables date to the late 18th--through the 19th and 20th centuries. Many examples exhibit detailed inlay and stringing; the Chinese Export examples are often detailed in coromandel lacquer.
Prices at auction were ridiculously high. Many lots went for more than double that which I was willing to pay.
So I ended the day happy and grateful for past Thursdays when I was in the flow. 
Today just wasn't my day. And that's OK.
Here are some of the items that I was bidding on......




This is a stupendous set of about 30 19th c. French pate-sur-pate dishes. The raised classical figures with extensive gold decoration were show stoppers.




This pair of Danish(?)/Italian(?) lounge chairs was super comfortable and the leather showed just the right amount of patination.....I thought we could get them at $800/$900----but it was not to be: the hammer came down at $1700 plus a lot fee of $300!! Yikes.




This Japanese charger went for double what the last one I purchased sold for (and besides they do not sell very well).
But I loved the intricate pattern.........


And finally, this large early 20th c. Chinese garden seat sold for $500 plus the lot fee. That's more than what I paid for the last PAIR that I bought.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. That we have survived (but not happily) the 366 days since mr. trump was elected. I am overjoyed with the Virginia and New Jersey election results of last Tuesday. Yes, citizens campaigning, canvassing and contributing both money and time can influence our government. The Virginia elections show that we all have a voice that is heard.

Blessing for the coming week-end.
RESIST.

Mary & Jones & Cole

Leaving you with a photo of Jones & Cole and Maggie taken this afternoon. That's quite a glare.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for speaking out, not giving him the luxury of being called President...and for giving him a little t. Now we must send the karma towards McConnell for he alone began this by opening the door to Russian hacking and influence in the last years of President Obama’s tenure by thwarting his Federal Judicairy and Supreme Court appointments all for power, corporations greed, voter suppression etc, knowing there wouldn’t be a Democrat President. The Confederacy has risen 150 years later, locked the doors of Congress by passing legislation on gerrymandering for the full 8 years of President Obama’s White House...Trump is just a thug they use...or their Grand Wizard of the KKK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will never stop. This man and the evil machine behind him need to be unmasked, tried and convicted of treason and other crimes. Resistance is the only path forward. Thank you. Mary

      Delete
  2. I will be posting another blog tonight.
    Thank you for the feed back... it inspires.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete