Wednesday, January 24, 2018

IVES ST. LAURENT COLLECTION


A large collection of Ives St. Laurent creations is going to be auctioned tomorrow--4 complete racks. And last week there were 2 racks-which I didn't think to photograph :(.....
Volumes have been written about Ives St. Laurent: there is nothing I could possibly add to the conversation. However, seeing so many St. Laurent pieces together was exhilarating. Every detail was perfection......the buttons, belts, hats, construction, not to mention the incredible fabrics.
This was my favorite piece from tomorrow's lots


A satin evening coat embellished with ostrich feathers--I can only imagine the woman who wore this--hopefully with a strut and black sheath underneath, black sheer stockings and fine suede heels......... I'd love to buy this coat, but think that it's going to go really high.
Here's a photo of Catherine Deneuve with St. Laurent


that probably dates to the 1970s and here is a photo of one of the pieces from the collection, similar to Deneuve's, being auctioned tomorrow



And another similar suit jacket going up tomorrow


Gerry fell in love with this metallic gold leather jacket--amazing leather and design.


Another of my favorites is this jersey animal print dress beautifully detailed with a black suede belt decorated with gilt Ives St. Laurent buttons....to die for and still current 20 years (I think) after its creation.




And finally-yes it is the amazing women of today who deserve to be wearing clothes made for power women.


Wish me luck with the ostrich coat...........fingers crossed.

Mary & Jones & Cole

8 comments:

  1. Please let me know where the auction is...Yves is one of my faves, and swoon over that feathered coat and the gold leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The auction was today in Los Angles. We did manage to win several gorgeous suits, but the ostrich coat and gold jacket went sky high. the wool jackets did too. We were under bidders on the ostrich coat--and I'm still thinking about it. xoxo Mary

      Delete
  2. Whaaaah😂🤣😅...which auction house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      It was Abell Auction Co.
      The lamps were pretty amazing, too.
      xoxo Mary

      Delete
  3. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, but I just discovered a large piece of 1920s Fortuny fabric.........so hard to find.
    Have a great evening.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful creations from the master atelier of YSL!! Speaking of Saint Laurent, I visited his garden in Marrakesh years ago. It was fabulous!
    Cheers,
    L

    ReplyDelete