Thursday, February 22, 2018

BACK TO BASICS................THE HUNT


G and I love these abstracts.........unfortunately, although I have searched and searched the internet, I cannot find any current information on the artist--no auction results or listing, just nothing. And that is not a good way to purchase art. After many years of selling online, I know that an artist must have auction and gallery listings or the piece will not sell. And I definitely need to make $$$$.
There were a couple of other things that were ringing my bell


This is one of a pair of antique/vintage Chinese garden seats--this is definitely a yes!!! We have sold several pairs of garden seats over the past few months and the last pair left just a couple of weeks ago.
I grabbed this image from Goggle; there are a couple of Goya "Tauromaquia" engravings coming up.



The engravings are not displayed in the "good" section of the auction and I wonder if they might just be sleepers tomorrow?? If they are original and printed during the life of Goya, they're worth a considerable amount. If they are 19th c. restrikes, then they are still reasonably valuable and worth a shot. Tomorrow's pair are definitely old as they are framed in early 20th c framing and matting........Hmmmmmm............... we'll see.

I'm still fending off pneumonia. And I'm a bit frustrated at this point, but I guess I still need to stay quiet. So G. will bid and get all of the fun.

I am so proud of the Parkland students. They're role models to the politicians who refuse to take responsibility for creating a culture where AR15s will not be unattainable by anyone. Our future will be much more sane and balanced when these young adults reach the age where they can run for political office.

Now off to bed.

Mary & Jones & Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment