Wednesday, June 6, 2018

GIFTS


Yesterday, Gerry had followed a hunch and drove to an LA Auction that is located about 40 miles (or more) out side of the city.....in Los Angeles traffic, that is considered a real trek. He didn't like what he had initially gone to see, but spotted the above bench. When he texted me the photo I about fell out of my chair as I knew that it was really good. Without even researching, I recognized that the bench was faux bois and I assumed it was in the Coalbrookdale style. Gerry decided to bid the item via phone today.
I thought that we would have to spend major money to acquire the bench........Oh, no--that was not in God's plan for us today. Nobody else seemed to recognize what it was and so the bench was just dropped in our waiting hands.
After Gerry won the bid, I went on line to see if I could find something similar. And here's what popped up............


It's an identical bench (with the exception of paint color).....
I won't price the bench at that level, but there will be plenty of profit to go around. 
Some times life is about simply showing up and being present in the moment.
Well, it's late and my head is nodding; so I'll make this entry short and sweet....must get off to bed.

Mary & Jones & Cole






No comments:

Post a Comment