Tuesday, July 3, 2018

I'M EVOLVING



G brought in these amazing mid-century chairs last week and I didn't faint in horror. I actually like them; and I really love those sexy front legs. (Note to self: I will never love avocado green) The chairs are in fantastic original condition--the crushed velvet shows some wear, but it's still acceptable (cushion insert is new). 
The profile is very cool


Plus these guys are super comfortable (although they don't fit my 5 ft. body). I'm not sure who the manufacturer/designer is, but they are well designed.
I'm itching to get my hands on the upholstery, but that's not going to happen.....I guess they match the Edward Fields rug pretty well. Why did anyone ever think that avocado green was cool?

Blessing for the week. Please let us all contribute to the effort to reunited immigrant children with their families. The stories that are slowly escaping the confines of some of the detention facilities are truly horrific. What have we become?

Mary



2 comments:

  1. Hello...I’m not one for a rug, but do like that one...tell me more...size and price? Condition, Age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops--didn't see your comment. This rug is an Edward Fields custom rug from the 1970s. It was created for a Beverly Hills Estate meditation room and is in excellent condition. It's a lily pond with water lilies and lotus blossoms....truly beautiful. It's large--approximately 12' x 20'--an rug expert could trim and bind it to size. Call me for
      price 714-401-0556 or email: mjhdesignarts@gmail.com
      Thanks for following me all of these many years!! Best & xoxo Mary

      Delete