Monday, September 3, 2018

I WANT IT--PASSIONATELY


This has been and (most probably) will be my most intense object of desire. Being an antiques dealer and passionate about what I do, there are certain objects that come across my path a limited number of times...this example of an 18th c. English Secretary is one of those items. Of course, its the ORIGINAL RED LACQUER JAPANNED (CHINOISERIE) SURFACE............ the condition is amazing; the design is to die for; the elegant form of the secretary itself--it even has candle pull outs. And it is in superb condition. It looks like the hardware is original, although I didn't really check it out in detail. I'm pretty sure it's not coming home with me--but a girl can wish.
Here are a few detail shots of the secretary--double sigh.







And did you notice the original mirrors?

Hope that Labor Day brought lots of Family and Fun time--I am ready for fall to start.

Blessing for the day.
Mary & Jones & Cole








No comments:

Post a Comment