Sunday, October 6, 2019

OBJECT OF DESIRE -- 1920's FORTUNY

It's been at least two years since I last purchased
1920's Fortuny fabric.........
Look what is going on the auction block tomorrow and I'm trying to avoid it.



This is the most pristine example of Mariano Fortuny's Melagrano that dates to the 1920's that I have personally seen. I have wanted this particular Fortuny pattern from the instant I first saw it. I don't know if the tunic actually dates to the 1920's or was created at a later date. Maybe it was created in the early 20th century and then modified, as it has a nylon zipper which was not invented until the 1960's.
Anyway, I'm adding a few more photos of this gorgeous textile. I'll let you drool with me --maybe hold my hand down tomorrow.




Wish me luck tomorrow....after all, it is really just a thing--so if I'm good (and judicious) I'll be happy, too.

Blessing for tomorrow.

Mary & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment