Sunday, October 27, 2019

SELLING AND REORGANIZING--AND A LITTLE BIT OF BUYING

The best thing about selling inventory is the space to reorganize and showcase inventory that was in hiding without being able to stretch and show off.
This week was one of those weeks......I didn't win the little Italian chest that I coveted, but the shadow side is that I had extra space to reorganize. Best of all, Roberto had 4 extra hours and we hustled.......
I had wanted to get to the back wall of my main space for months....



 I was finally able to move out the large (it seats 8 as it is quite wide at 42") French farm table and take photos of it to load to my websites


Then it was on to redoing the side wall


Although the chairs are Art Deco Iron patio chairs, I think they would work well in a casual family room with very cool cushions..... My 19th c. French marble top butcher's table would make a stunning kitchen island--even an entry table.
Then it was on to the front section (still not quite happy with this section)


Next came a little vignette in front of my desk (see the farm table in the background?)


Here's a little table scape on the French table


The Louis XVI-style chairs look pretty good with the French table, but not as good as these guys (bought them on Thursday). Pairs of antique wood benches 


are not easily found. And these guys are either mid-19th century English or French oak benches in very good condition and just an inch longer than the table--so perfect. Roberto will give them a few coats of hard paste wax and they will look amazing.
And finally, this sweet carved and gilt Italian little sofa.......



I am not a frou-frou person and usually wouldn't buy a little carved gilt sofa, but I love things with just a bit of twist in them--Italian is more unusual than French and adds a bit more energy than the expected French examples. Plus, I don't need to reupholster--but I will--as the pink?? velvet is in super acceptable condition. I'm going to upholster it in this Clarence House Linen (it's pricey, but worth it) with a single black welt--sexy. Plus animal print anything is very popular right now.



I have Scalamandre "Le Tigre" and "Il Leopardo" silk velvet pillows in the works...




that will replace the Fortuny pillows. I know it seems a little tacky to mix disparate animal prints--but I think it will work and add that bit of a clash that draws in the eye.

So many wild fires are burning in nearby LA County. We are almost to November and desperately need for the weather pattern to shift to our winter rainy season. Prayers are needed for our Firefighters and those who have lost their homes.

Sending blessing for the week--Happy Halloween!!

Mary & Cole


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete