Friday, February 7, 2020

I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT

I am so disheartened..........In my humble opinion, every single one of those senators who voted not to convict "mr. small t" are traitors. They have betrayed the oath they took to defend The Constitution and they have betrayed their oath to be impartial jurors. Now we are in even more serious trouble. God hear our prayers, we beseech You.

But I still have been on the hunt. This week I came up empty handed, but here are the things that called to me and things that are coming up at auction.
Well, I didn't quite go without a good buy.......I bought this pair of amazingly rare (it's a pair!!) of very early 19th century French Faience Tureens and Under plates from my neighbor, Pamm. I love them and I couldn't stand the fact that they might be split up; so they came home with me......just a couple of steps.




I love the fruit finial, the green and scarlet colors--and most of all, the chinoiserie silhouette with parasol. The tureens are not marked and are nearly perfect, with the exception of anticipated normal crazing.

Things I liked at Thursday's auction (didn't go as I didn't want to spend any $$$):
I love this set of 4 mid-century Mexican abstract gouaches........but too pricey for me at the moment....look at the colors and sharpness of the paintings. The artist is not listed, but from these works, it seems as if he should be.


....A great little Italian/Venetian chest of drawers with original paint.



I loved this little Venetian early 20th c. chest of drawers. Once again, I'm leaning Chinoiserie. I also  fell in love with this Italian 20th century carved Chinoiserie mirror..........but it was not to be.......


All of the original elements are present......and it doesn't need any restoration work. (Didn't come home).

Items Coming Up at End of Month: These are all very traditional high-end items that will go to the block at Andrew Jones Auction.
This is my favorite of the entire auction--just the right size; just the right wood; just the right era; just the right energy.


We need more chairs like we need extra holes in our heads--but here goes......
This is my favorite pair, probably because I sell every pair of this type almost the minute they walk in the door...........


And these chairs are not a bit shabby--a bit pricey, though.



Of course, there had to be a Regency Tilt Top Breakfast Table--one of my addictions......but I do sell all that I can find!!



Well, I'm off to bed. Blessing and restoration to our great nation.

Mary & Cole








No comments:

Post a Comment