Monday, July 16, 2012

I'VE BEEN BAD--MORE CHAIRS




There are times in life when resolutions need to be re-evaluated. I know, I had promised not to buy any more chairs...I have a lot in inventory. But once in a life time chairs are something that I couldn't pass up and shouldn't; so I didn't.

This pair of mid 20th century pull up chairs has all of the details that make for a perfect chair:
----solid and figured veneered mahogany
----KLISMOS form
----excellent condition
----beautifully caned backs in excellent condition
----iconic mid-century form of pull up chair
----attributed (perhaps) to Billy Haines or another designer of equal reputation

I'm sending these guys out to be reupholstered in an ivory w/ chocolate stripe tweedy fabric. (I would love to do them in a bold greek key, but it is too specific and might frighten away buyers....)

    
I'll post new photos when the chairs come back next week.

I hate to brag, but we have been having the most wonderfully cool summer so far. Last week warmed up a little, but then we even had a little rain (unheard of in Southern CA in the summer) and beautiful clouds thanks to a hurricane down south. My heart hurts for those suffering with the drought, fires and storms. I am so thankful to be blessed this year.

Be well and thanks for joining Jones and me.

Mary






2 comments: