Sunday, December 1, 2013

LARGE ITALIAN ALABASTER BUNCH OF GRAPES




Here is a photo of the very large vintage (c. 1960) carved Italian bunch of grapes that I purchased last week--even better than I had imagined. The carved granite stem has lost a bit of length (I'll have it restored). 
And here is a similar bunch that I pulled off 1stdibs.  
Not that far apart and my price point is way, way lower----I'm just saying. Granted, I do not pay The Big Apple rent.....but still. I like my color better.

It's hard to believe that today marks the start of the last month of 2013--where did the months fly off to??
I'm giving thanks for another year of huge growth and that not so pleasant stretching that goes along.
Wishing everyone a fantastic December. 

Mary & Jones (and Cole)






4 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    The alabaster grapes are gorgeous! A huge congratulation on your success this year, you deserve it so much.
    Thinking of you and your family, prayers for Mia always...
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, I treasure all of your comments and cheerleading support. Sending love back at you. xoxo
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Your grape cluster is gorgeous, Mary! I've had similar ones in my shop, and they are always very popular. Happy December :)
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete