Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CAROL JABLONSKY LITHOS

  


Last November I purchased a collection of beautifully framed Carol Jablonsky (1932-1992) Lithographs. I was somewhat familiar with the works of Carol Jablonsky, but (as is usually the case) my purchase sent me on the hunt for more information regarding this well-listed American artist.

Carol Jablonsky was born in Port Arthur, New York and studied art at Boston University, Art Student's League, New York, and at the Art Institute, San Miguel Allende. Her inspirations included Roman frescoes, medieval book illuminations, astrology, Eastern philosophy and the Bible. She spent innumerable hours researching these cross cultural unifying images and symbols. At first glance her work appears to be superficial and light; a closer inspection reveals the depth of her understanding of the mythic symbolism which she incorporated into her works.
The "Rocking Horse" series, one of which is shown above, is one of her most recognized works.
However, Jablonsky's series on the Garden of Eden is where her depth of research and use of symbolism reached it's peak. In the collection that I acquired, there are several of the Garden of Eden Lithos--a few are shown below--(these are just quick preliminary photos).
  







I'll post upgraded photos when I started grouping these guys for sale. The framing and matting on the collection is top-notch. I will probably sell the lithos in pairs and at less than auction estimates, passing my good fortune on to my clients.



I finished organizing at The Collection today. And it is on to Pasadena tomorrow. And (big THANK YOU) it looks like the walls will be going up this week--things are moving right along..........

Mia is once again having a few problems, at this point we don't really know what is going on. She is scheduled to go back to St. Jude's Children's, Tennessee next week.  My poor little one.

Sending blessing for FEBRUARY--already?

Mary & Jones & Cole













2 comments:

  1. These are incredible Mary! I love The Garden of Eden series.
    Hugs and prayers for Mia..
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Thank you. These were a true gift to me. I wish I could find more information on Carol Jablonsky; I'll keep hunting. xoxo
      Mary

      Delete