Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ADVENTURES WITH SIXES AND SEVENS

I have learned so much this week.......from my two charming young ladies.


I learned that when you purchase ice cream at "Sky Dome" it comes in a tiny tiny approximately 3 oz. size with tons of added preservatives and synthetic flavors--and you get to pay $4.00 for such a desirable treat.
I also learned that sometimes curious 7 year olds feel inspired to check out Nana's new car and open the door in the middle of traffic while we are moving.
I learned that (despite their father's insistence that they knew the way) six and sevens are not very good at giving directions to Hula Class.
I learned that I'm still very good at getting sixes and sevens to do their homework......
The last two days have been filled with fun and laughter--Grace and Mia are in Memphis for Mia's check ups at St. Jude's Childrens Hospital--so I'm substitute Mom for a few days. 
We have come so far over the past year-- Mia is doing incredibly well; every assessment is more than positive. We'll be celebrating Mia's 4th birthday this week-end.

Blessings for a Happy Labor Day.
Mary & Jones & Cole
  


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary!
    I hope you are enjoying this last week of August - sounds like it! Just visualizing the girls giving you directions in the car....smile :) Precious time together. Enjoy the holiday weekend ahead. We're headed to Maine.
    Take care,
    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, Thank you sooo much. Yes, life is good. Sending blessing to the two of you for a wonderful end=of=summer week-end. xoxo Mary

      Delete