Sunday, September 21, 2014

JUST A TOUCH OF FALL

We are finally getting a break from 100+ degree sizzlers--and I'm taking the day off to simply love the moment and relish having the day all to myself (and Jones).
When fall first approaches I get into a cooking mode. I have a new crock pot; so I thought that I would try pulled pork MY WAY.
I couldn't find any pork shoulder; so I used 3 lbs.pork butt (it was fine).

--Made a sauce of
----1/3 c. Balsamic vinegar
----1/3 c. water
----1/4 c/ sugar or honey
----1/4-1/2 t. Fennel seeds
----2 pinches of Rosemary
----4-5 cloves finey chopped garlic
----a little bit of salt
----freshly ground black pepper
----1/2 t red (hot) chile powder
--Layer of organic baby carrots in pot
--Layer of sliced sweet onion (1/2 large onion)
--layer of thick sliced pork (most fat removed)
sprinkle with sauce
--layer of pork slices
sprinkle with sauce
etc. 
Finish layers with sauce
Turn crock pot to "low" and let it do its thing for about 6 hours or until meat is super tender.

I cut meat up and served it with the vegetables--not really pulled pork. But good. And the leftovers will definitely make a pulled pork sandwhich or two.

Improved photos of Regency-Style Lanterns




Isn't he cute....just look at that chinoiserie chimney.

Have a wonderful fall--the rain is coming.

Mary & Jones & Cole


7 comments:

  1. Love, love these lanterns, and your fall recipe sounds delish Mary!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Yes, I love these lanterns--and to have a pair of them.
      xoxo Mary

      Delete
  2. Mmmm - I love the smell of a crock pot slowly cooking! And how darling is that lantern!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, Can't wait til we really get a chill.
      xoxo Mary

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So good to hear from you! I think of you so many times--hoping that all is well with the newlyweds. And the dogs. And the sheep. And the Sheep Farmer.
      xoxo
      Mary

      Delete
    2. So good to hear from you. I think of you so many times--hoping that all is well with The newlyweds, The Sheep, The Dogs & Puppies, and The Sheep Farmer.
      xoxo Mary

      Delete