Sunday, October 22, 2017

JAPANESE MEIJI PERIOD VERY LARGE NEEDLEWORK

This past Thursday there wasn't much of interest to me except this exceptionally large fine Japanese Meiji period silk needlework. The white peacocks are rendered in magnificent detail on a charcoal/dark brown ground that has begun to shred. Otherwise, the silk panel is in good condition. The photos are taken "through the glass"; so please forgive the reflections in the last photos.
Japanese needlework is exceptional with realistic almost photographic renderings of natural forms. 












---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although, I haven't been formally "shopping" in a couple of weeks, I couldn't pass up these c. 1960's Chinoiserie Lamps. The detail on these particular lamps is excellent--I'm pretty sure that when I open them up (separate the pottery from the wood bases, I'll find an Italian mark. And I love 1960's Italian pottery. Most people would think that the lamps are Chinese in origin, but I'm pretty sure they are not. And just look at their original pagoda form shades--to die for.



This week I really need to replenish my inventory--business has been bubbling along, but I've got to buy in order to sell.
Blessings for the week--it's going to be super hot here: up to 100* even at the beach. Fortunately, I think this is summer's last hurrah before (thankfully) Fall brings rain.

Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment