Wednesday, March 28, 2018

LIGHTENING UP WITH GRATITUDE--SPRING IS HERE (a Little Glammy)


I'm getting back to normal and I'm so grateful to G and everyone else who kept MJH DesignArts running. This March has turned out to be my best "sales" month EVER. Even though I wasn't present, my friends watched over shop ensuring that customers called me and 1stdibs and Chairish kept doing "their thing" also. For me, the gift of friends and new relationships are proof that God has set up the Universe for all of us to be connected. I am in awe when I consider how important each of us is in maintaining a positive connection to all; yet the universe will merrily hum along without us. 
Roberto and I chipped away at the small disaster that awaited me: many items had been sold (bare spots), many items out of order, lots of dust, etc. The back wall was reorganized (it's a little dark back there)--the super large shell mirror is centered over a c. 1950s/1960s 3-part Drexel cabinet and just below it is an unusual solid bronze (and very heavy) faux coral chandelier. My Japanese mirror black porcelan Marbro lamps frame the mirror--now maybe those lamps will sell?? As I study the photo, I'm wondering if there is a way to turn the chandelier into a sculpture? It looks pretty spiffy beneath the mirror.....


After many, many months these bedside chests were finally ready to be picked up (or so I thought...). Over the past few months, every time I arrived to pick up these chests, there was something not quite right and which required a bit of touch up or an additional coat of lacquer--today was no exception: there are a couple of rough spot to the top of one chest. But I am "done" with this lacquer person: I need to put my creative energy elsewhere. I love the 1960s/70s Italian chinoiserie lamps paired with the ivory chests--and the chests sit on black lacquered chinoiserie stands echoing the black lacquer lamp bases. 1960s Palm Beach here we come.......
Today is auction preview--I haven't been very lucky in buying the past few weeks, which makes me realize that I need to fearlessly step up my game (ie. be willing to bid higher). I guess that I've become a little spoiled: I started buying good period antiques when no body else was and now that designing with antique furniture is making a comeback, I need to be more flexible. (Just about everything that I have sold this year has been either 18th or early 19th c.)

Wish me luck.
Blessings for the day.

Mary & Jones & Cole



No comments:

Post a Comment