Thursday, April 12, 2018

PUPPIES AND PREVIEW


My friend and fellow dealer, Pamm, brought her new Sheltie puppy to work yesterday (babies can't stay by themselves)--and I wanted one just like him. Peanut is just turning three months old and already almost house broken and showing signs of being a great herder. (I think that Jones and Cole would sink into major depression if I were to bring home a puppy). 




I love Peanut's markings--how could you resist that face?
                      - - - - - - - - - -  - - -  -

Not too much at Preview today......which is fine, as I also like having $$$ in the bank. But I don't think that G and I will be able to resist this school bus yellow "Cork" chair..........and it is incredibly comfortable.


Can you imagine the amount of work that went into this club chair? Just painting it would be a chore!!!
I found some china for mr. small t:


It's really stunning Limoges, but verging on tacky. This gold pattern is very refined, but not sure if I would take it home. Reminds me of Versace, but much more elegant and older.
This small Georgian chest is coming up. I love the chunkiness of it and the burl wood veneer is to die for. The chunkiness of the chest does detract from its antique valuation, but (I think) that quality adds to its decorative appeal--would make a super bedside chest and country pieces seem to be making a come back.


Now compare the chunky piece above with the very refined chest below


The elegant form, the original fold-over top, the unequaled veneering of the drawers are the elements that make this piece a stand out........but it is so structured...........I think this guy will go for a lot of money--so I'm sticking with my chunky guy. I've sold a lot of period pieces of furniture lately===we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Sending blessing for the week--wish me luck.

Mary & Jones & Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment