Friday, August 24, 2018

ROMAN PIAZZA OBELISKS





All I bought yesterday was this pair of blue & white elephant obelisk lamps (and they were very pricey). Both G and I loved them (G more than I). I have seen similar representations of this form of obelisk, but didn't know where the original came from and vowed to investigate. After buying the lamps, I went to shop to take photos of a set of 8 Fornasetti plates.
As you know, I frequently write about Serendipity and the joy it brings me to know that I'm connected to so much that I'm only marginally aware of.)
Anyway, here is the second plate that I photographed



Yep, there is the elephant obelisk--It's a real obelisk situated in the Piazza di Minerva.........I didn't even need to open the computer or go down any rabbits holes to satisfy my quest to identify the obelisks. And that is also connection.
I'm so excited that Fall is approaching.....I do not like the heat and we need rain desperately. As I studied the paler blue sky and wispy clouds this morning, I could almost smell Fall in the (crisper?) ocean breezes.

Blessings for the next to the last real summer week-end.

Mary & Jones & Cole

PS Not going to talk about my joy over what is happen in mr. small t's world.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Mary, hello!!!!! It's lovely to see your blog again, and look at those gorgeous wares! I hope your business is doing well, and that you are enjoying sunny days and peaceful seasons. Thank you so much for coming to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Thank you so much!! It's been a little slow; so a few prayers sent my way might do the trick for my getting back into the flow.
      Sending love,
      Mary

      Delete