Friday, August 24, 2018

GORGEOUS IRON WORK


This amazing table was at auction today. When I previewed yesterday, I immediately spotted the table and fell in love. I couldn't believe the condition of the tiles......they seemed to be old, but no wear? The forged iron was spectacular and I was sure that it must have been old, but it's not.........
Tonight as I was going over the photos and enlarged one of them, I spotted a signature "Bushere & Son" on one leg. Of course, I had to investigate.
Bushere & Son is currently making this table in their workshop (really artist's studio) in Corona, California--about 30 miles from me.


I didn't realize that this high quality iron was still being forged in the US. I was sure that this table was an antique English or Spanish piece. 


You can go to their website www.bushereandson.com
to view and order these gorgeous tables and many more Spanish Revival type objects.
I'm still speechless.

I'll get back to my usual postings--have had a lot on my plate.

Blessings for the week.

Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment