Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WONDERFUL WEEK

It has been a great week. After hitting 107* on Saturday, it was down to about 89* today--almost ready to get out my mink coat.
But more importantly, one of my favorite clients that I hadn't seen in ages popped in. This is one of the facets of the antiques business that I love the most: connecting with long established (and new clients)--catching up with what is going on in their lives, etc. I love the people!!


Today I spent the morning with my youngest grand daughter, Mia (named after me and also looks a little like me). Mia turned two last week...so cute and so chubby and healthy. She gets pretty tired trying to keep up with her older sisters.
And I was able to purchase a length of very early Fortuny fabric. Early Fortuny fabric dating to c.1920 (or earlier) or any Fortuny fabric created during the lifetime of Mariano Fortuny is very desirable. Last year I recognized and acquired a length of early Fortuny which turned out to be a panel on which Mariano had been experimenting with new patterns.  I'll post photos when the example of early Fortuny arrives together with photos of the experimental panel.
Business has picked up a bit with the advent of Autumn and that makes me very happy.
Hoping that everyone is enjoying a great week, also.

Mary and Jones

2 comments:

  1. Mary your little Mia is such a doll and a budding artist I see!

    I am so excited to see the Fortuny piece you found; very exciting!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena,
      Me too. Now I have to find just the right silk velvet for the pillow backing. I have the antique silver and gold fringe waiting. Be well.
      Mary

      Delete