Monday, July 15, 2013

WHAT TO TAKE TO NEW LA CIENEGA (WEST HOLLYWOOD) LOCATION........

I used to know what my customer base would be buying, but over the past few years it has become very difficult to know what "will sell". "Great" used to always be "great" and saleable--but now, it's hard to tell--a super period 18th c. item may languish, while a vintage piece will sell for big bucks. 
So with this in mind, I'm making choices based on 20th century pieces, with a few period pieces thrown in.
I'll take two of my set of four Tomlinson Horseshoe chairs that date to the late 1950's.
  

  

My pillows made from vintage and antique Fortuny fabrics...and the pair of mid-century lacquered chests.
  


  


This wonderful set of c. 1960-70 brass and glass nesting tables.

  


This complete vignette composed of a marble roman style bust, Marbro lamps and a lacquered French demi-lune console (one of a pair)...plus the 17th c. Dutch mirror.




And, of course, my funky French Moderne Chauffeuse and 17th c. French side table.....



I'll add in some mid-20th c. lighting.


I think that will do it for the moment. The space is not large and I do not want to fill it too full--to the point of not being able to see what is available. 
OOPS....forgot about the Dorothy Draper (all original condition) Espana Tables..........
   



MIA UPDATE
Grace and Mia left for Tennessee yesterday. A few tears from Lauren and Kaia--but they are spending time with Auntie Dao and loving it.

Have a super summer week--wish me cool weather for the move--it can go either way here in Los Angeles--either blazing hot or beautifully fresh and cool.

Mary & Jones (and Cole)
    (Luxie is going home this week)


2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    Perfection! I love Everything that you are taking! It will be absolutely stunning; next you need to think of what to replace it with as it all sells!

    The girls with have fun with Aunt Dao.

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena,
      Thank you.......if I have learned anything in over 20 years in this wonderfully crazy business it is that THERE IS ALWAYS MORE!!!
      Sending xoxoxoxoxox,
      Mary

      Delete