Thursday, January 24, 2013

ALL MOVED IN: BEFORE and AFTER ROBERTO

In the midst of moving and Christmas and New Years, silly me got sick which is why I haven't been writing my usual posts....The only benefit that I can see is that I have lost a ton of weight (which I needed to do).

Anyway, these two photos below show the mess of my second room before Roberto and I put our heads together to organize things. We are not finished, yet...but the heavy lifting (and brain work) is done.




Now, for what it looks like at this moment:

  

I just sold these fantastic mid-century klismos dining chairs to one of the most recognized Los Angeles (and National) designers.
He also bought this adorable pair of French Chauffeuse  or slipper chairs.

   
    
Needless to say, I was thrilled to have the conformation that this torturous move has been worth the effort. This designer will be back and I'll post more about him in future posts.

AUCTION TIME
Illness has not kept me down when it comes to hunting down finds--although I did miss a couple of weeks of auction sales.
Last week I bought this fantastic mid-20th carrera marble bust. He is not as handsome as I would have liked in a partner, but he is very interesting.



   
The bust is carved in the antique Roman style and the carrera marble is in excellent condition with appropriate patina.
This week I scored even more treasures, but will post about them once they are delivered....oh, well--just a hint: a period Georgian mahogany pedestal partners desk....and it was a sleeper!!
Thanks for checking back with me.
Jones says "hi"--he has been a great nurse with his head on my feet the entire time I was in bed.

Mary & Jones (& Cole)







4 comments:

  1. Mary so glad you are feeling better. Bravo on the sale of those excellent Klismos chairs and the fabulous slipper chairs! I look forward to hearing more. Is he buying the pillows?

    Xoxo
    Karena
    New 2013 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Thank you. He is coming back when the project is closer to completion, but he already matched the fabric!!
      xoxox
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Mary,
    Is there no stopping you? Even if you are not in optimum health, you could have fooled me.
    Take care of yourself and hope you are in good health soon. Everything is looking up!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, I'm working on getting back on the horse. This is going to be a fantastic year for all of us in the creative fields.
      Mary

      Delete