Monday, April 22, 2013

LITTLE 17TH CENTURY TABLE


I love the patina on this little old table, but most of all I love the original forged iron hardware. Roberto will coming next week to spruce her up. Some crazy guy put a light coat of what I think is shoe polish on a couple of the surfaces, but I think that the original finish is under this slightly gooey stuff. Roberto will clean the surface and then apply several coats of hard paste wax and then this little guy will shine. The table is rustic and has acquired a deep soul over its 330 years of existence. A couple more photos......





I love the simplicity of this piece. Just wish I had a piece of Conover pottery to place on the top.

Be well.
Mary and Jones (& Cole)

2 comments:

  1. Mary I love it! I will be emailing you later today!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena. thank you--you are cheering my soul. xoxoxo
      Mary

      Delete