Friday, October 11, 2013

SEXY

Every once in a while I buy something that is really sexy. Great curves, sexy legs and flirty. That's how I describe this unique console--you be the judge.

  

This is pure Art Deco, but so sinuous and sexy. Richard had the new black glass fabricated, but the hand forged iron base is entirely original and unique. We love French iron, but this example doesn't conform to the expected format. I love the patinated gold leaf surface--reminds me of Medusa. The console is quite a good size (48" wide), but its narrow serpentine top make it appear lighter and smaller. 



This guy was my find--but Richard was in charge of the Qing and Ming Chinese Scholar chairs (next post).

I been painting......Of course, I'm not satisfied with the color--it's just a bit off, so will repaint on Monday...that is the way it goes with colors. You just can't tell until it's on the wall as light refraction plays a huge role in how the color reads.

Let's end this crazy Federal shut down NOW!! I could go on for paragraphs about what I think of the individuals who thought that temper tantrums are a good way to run this amazing nation. Their job is to govern; not sabotage.

Mary & Jones (and Cole)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary an absolutely stunning piece! How have you been doing. Is the new shop getting attention?
    I miss our talks. Let me know if there is anything I can do to support you!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Been missing you, too. Check your inbox for letter.
      xoxox
      Mary

      Delete