Sunday, December 29, 2013

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.......(Remember the "A Team?")

This is just a teaser. These guys are pretty fantastic (I do need to sound my own horn)--even the detailing of the bronze finial is top notch:
   

But there is more. A lot more.


And more.
   

And more.
  

And more.
  

And more.
  

And here they are.
  


These boys were many months in the creating. First, I missed the bid on them, but Richard bought them and they were hiding in his garage for months until I spotted them. Deciding on the best fabric to reupholster these beauties (and they looked quite awful before their spiffing up) took a while. Just about the time that Andrew returned from Thailand (he is my best polisher), I found the perfect fabric. I needed something that would be a neutral, but that would also be a great contrast to the polished bronze detailing. (The bronze was super dark and it was a little tough visualizing the end result) Andrew spent almost two days polishing the bronze and when the RALPH LAUREN MOHAIR VELVET arrived, I knew that we had a winner (just look at that silvery-sage tone). Alex (my fantastic upholsterer) brought back the chairs on Saturday afternoon....I had an offer as soon as the chairs walked in....but it was a bit low.

******Now to the best part: 
                   THIS IS A SET OF FOUR !!******

The "Savonarola" or "Dante" Chair  appeared during the Italian Middle Ages, but had its design roots in antiquity. This X-form carved wood (and most commonly folding) chair design spread throughout Europe during the Renaissance. These iron mid-20th century chairs clearly show their Renaissance roots with the highly detailed bronze finials and seat construction identical to the construction of wooden Renaissance Savonarola chairs.
I'm offering the chairs as a set of 4, but will sell as pairs, if desired. Just contact me for pricing. (Alessandra Branca has a single chair (not as detailed as these) listed for $3200---these guys are much lower.
Thank you so much for reading this blog over the past year...I'm approaching my SECOND anniversary of blogging. The time has zoomed by. Thank you for all of your support (that's you Karena and Loi, especially).
Sending blessings for a wonderful growth-filled 2014.

Mary & Jones & Cole








2 comments:

  1. Mary these chairs are gorgeous! The bronze detailing is equisite and the mohair velvet fabric is perfection!

    Wishing you and your family a joy filled New Year!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Wishing you the same. Thank you!
      xoxox Mary

      Delete