Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A LITTLE UNDER THE WEATHER

I've been a little under our gorgeous California weather this week...just a bit of this or that.
I've also been busy getting new inventory ready for listing and just taking a bit of a break.
Tomorrow, I'm going to Jennifer Boles' "In With The Old" book signing at Hollyhock (which is just up the street from my La Cienega location) in West Hollywood. I have been following Jennifer's blog "The Peak of Chic" for at least 7 years and she just keeps getting better at nailing down everything about design.
I did score a few things last Thursday (and had a oops, also).  I think my favorite treasure is a small period French Empire daybed--perhaps a child's bed that needs quite a bit of work............but how could I resist (my shop in San Diego was called Daybeds & Roosters)?? It went for only $50!! I'm going to ebonize this piece, like the abattant. It has lost 3 of it's original bronze rondels; so I'll just do without them. I now have three early 19th c. French Daybeds--I hope this is not going in the same direction as my chair addiction.
Flavio is delivering the Secretaire Abattant tomorrow and I can't wait to see that she looks like all spiffed up. I'll post photos shortly.
Still nursing the remnants of a Santa Ana (LA's hot very dry winds) cold/ bronchitis; so I'm off to bed.
Be well.

Mary & Jones (and Cole)

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon Mary, I am loading up on extra vitamin C lately!
    Tell Jennifer hello for me, wish I could be there, I love her book!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I hope you are feeling better, Mary!! We were away and just came home last night. I noticed a few people on the flight with colds, etc. Luckily we sat far, far away. Take care, L

    ReplyDelete