Wednesday, July 9, 2014

JACQUES ADNET STYLE TABLES--STILL NEED SOME PRACTICE


The above photo really doesn't do what I want it to do......compare it to the quick shot I took with my iphone. The iphone photo is so much better in so many ways.


I guess that I was hurrying to go have lunch with a friend (haste makes waste) and just didn't take the time to position the tables in proper lighting, focus and angle--now I have to go back to the West Side and face 3 hours of LA Freeway traffic (got stuck on the 5 with a huge accident involving a tanker yesterday-yuck!) to retake the photos. Here are a couple of detail photos that just miss. (Note to self: take your time and get it right the first time.)

  



Oh, well. All is not lost. At least you can see the hand stitched leather wrap on the top faux bamboo supports and the custom leather strapping.
I love these tables--I'll be picking up the second pair tomorrow.
Have a wonderful summer day.

Mary & Jones & Cole
Update: The fish, cats & Cole survived my days of babysitting. All is well.

4 comments:

  1. They are stunning and the leather wrapping as is on the McGuire tables is such a special touch!

    We were so fortunate that traffic was moving along when Andrea drove Isabella and I up to Laguna from san Diego!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karena. LA traffic can be such a b____! I'm so happy that your trip went well.
    xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice lamps, too!
    (Thanks for "keeping up.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you!! Yes, I love those lamps, too.
      Mary

      Delete