Sunday, February 22, 2015

AND LET THERE BE LAMPS




Do you think these guys are big enough--56" to socket? I think that I might paint the bases black?
And now for the real beauties....... I discovered the reason for the poor quality of the 1stdibs photos of the same lamp.......it is very hard to photograph alabaster! I need to get a good back drop and better lighting. But these pics give an indication of the unusual form of these c. 1950 Italian lamps. The photos don't scale the lamp properly; they actually measure a good 32".
  




(Please forgive my messy desk...still working on organizing)

I'm working on a project with a top international designer (shouldn't say his name) to fabricate copies of my Monteverdi-Young armed dining chairs

(Sorry for the storage photo)
--he wants between 30 and 40 of them!! I would love to expand into this area of design. Fortunately, I know a very good wood carver who has the capacity to carry out such a project. The trick is to make sure that he stays true to the Monteverdi-Young spirit which includes perfect wood working, mitered corners and great finishes.  We'll see if I can come up with a respectible price point.

Sweet David came today and we (David) accomplished so much. I am blessed to have great friends in the business. Now it's on to the West Hollywood move. Wish me luck.

Mary & Jones & Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment