Thursday, September 15, 2016

ELLIE

I have followed the blog "Have Some Decorum" for many years, regretfully not from the beginning, but at least since 2010. Ellie O'Connell became like a sister, a tireless cheer leader, my daily laugh or cry reading her wonderful, quirky posts about her life in France with her husband David and daughter Gracie.
Ellie had ALS. But she didn't let it define her life, which she continued to live to its fullest. Ellie wrote 2 books, almost daily blog posts and then she opened a delightful on-line store. Ellie's warmth and courage were astounding; she strengthened all of us who loved her and "Have Some Decorum".
Ellie miraculously returned home to Santa Barbara around the 1st of August and published her last post about 3 weeks later---and it was (as usual) a super post with many details about her trip home and plans for the future.
Ellie's beautiful daughter Gracie (who we all grew to know and love) posted Have Some Decorum's last post yesterday. 
Ellie, I will miss you every day. Thank you for your constant inspiration to be myself, to let go of the small stuff, to be passionate about my children, to be passionate about my metier and above all, to live my life authentically.

Love always,
Mary
  

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful how the blog world can connect so many of us. I'm sorry to hear about Ellie. This was a lovely tribute to her, Mary.
    Take care, L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, Thank you. This is truly a world where lasting friendships are made. I am so grateful to be a part of it. Glad you are back in DC. Love always, Mary

      Delete