Wednesday, October 26, 2016

FALL RAIN



PLUVIOPHILE. I never knew there was a name for people like me. I love the rain; I love it in all of its myriad incarnations. We have had two nights of unexpected rain in the past 8 days and a full inch of rain is expected late Thursday into Friday.
Our nation desperately needs rain....the blessings of rain to cleanse us of the negativity of this Presidential campaign. Rain to cleanse us of the toxic ideas spread by isolationist fear mongers.
I, like so many others, long for a return to civility and the belief in the importance of truth, generosity, respect for others..........the cult of the bully ending with the vote on Tuesday, etc., etc., etc. PLEASE VOTE. THE OUTCOME OF THIS ELECTION IS OF PRIME IMPORTANCE TO THE FUTURE OF OUR NATION. THE STATUS OF WOMEN NEEDS TO BE AFFIRMED AND PROTECTED.
I am ready for rainbows


Now, for a quick update on another one of my passionate causes. Please stay with me.


Since the Vietnam War Monsanto has been on my radar for its creation of chemical weapons of war and various other chemicals that have harmed, harm and will harm all of creation. Finally this huge corporation is being taken to task. This suit is probably just a small thorn in its bloated, corrupt side--but Rome wasn't built in a day and this mega-corporation will be brought down by individuals standing up to its power and destructive intentions.

And finally, I just have to add in my little business venture news. I'm moving locations within the Pasadena Antique Center to the prime spot!! Yeah. I really have needed additional space (I'm packed to the gills with inventory) and this location will be just about perfect. I have Roberto slated to work with me most of next week--painting and lighting first and then the big stuff. (Wish me luck).
I haven't been buying much as I haven't had any room, but I did acquire this set of period Art Deco Macassar and marquetry nesting tables. They are in fairly good original condition; Roberto will spiff them up and they'll be set to go on 1stdibs.




I love that the marquetry work and the visual movement makes these tables stand out.

Going to Preview today--I wonder what else I can squeeze in.

PLEASE VOTE.

Blessings for the day.

Mary & Jones & Cole





No comments:

Post a Comment