Wednesday, January 4, 2017

BACK TO BUSINESS--THE HUNT

The Christmas holidays were great!! Sales were good; I didn't do much Christmas shopping (and everyone was contented); I got to plan and cook lots of meals; took a week off just to chill; didn't gain a single pound (amazing); it rained!!!; best of all--everyone was healthy. And I am so gratefl for this special season.
However, I was so ready to get back to business that I went to preview my auction on Monday..........I forgot that it was "New Year's Day Observed" and the auction was closed up tight as a clam. But today I was at my auction for preview bright and early. The parking lot was full as there is going to be a "special" auction of an old-time Hollywood (Not Hollyweed) star. There are some nice pieces of furniture and art--not really me. But right at the beginning of the auction line-up I spotted this desk
  

Inside was this mark


Jay Spectre is a well-respected furniture designer who worked for several manufacturers during the 3rd quarter of the 20th c. His pieces are just beginning to acquire a following. I'm not too about the specific design of this desk, but I'm going to make an attempt to buy it--nothing ventured/nothing gained.

And then there were feet




I've had a few example of marble feet--these are either plaster or composition, but are very decorative. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that some people actually love castings of feet?? But who am I to judge another's pleasure.
This swan is an example of just the opposite type of decoration


--I got her a couple of months ago and she will look wonderful on my black lacquered Robbingsjon-Gibbings chest. I allowed myself to buy another animal since I sold a bronze cobra and a bronze alligator last week.

Jones is calling.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!
Mary, Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment