Thursday, October 5, 2017

LOTS OF STUFF--and IT'S ALL STUFF

After the devastation caused by Maria and Harvey and the atrocity in Las Vegas over the past few weeks (add in the continuing trump administrations efforts to rip apart the fabric of our nation) and every thing that I buy is beginning to seem like just stuff. I've always been conscious that what I do can, on a certain level, be thought of as fluff. Granted, I hope that it is good fluff; nevertheless, when compared with the monumental rebuilding efforts--rebuilding of home and lives and the more painstaking rebuilding of lives shattered by gun violence--what I do is inconsequential. Hopefully my prayers and donations to these relief efforts will have a modicum of positive effect.

But to get to what came up this week at auction, there was a lot of stuff......

Hans Hartig painting


Amazing faux antler lamps


Exceptional Chinese Mirror Black Monochrome Vase--now a lamp 


Very large antique Tibetan Tanka


Large antique carved gilt mirror 


Louis XVI painted grey petit sofa (I think it's period, too)


19th c. Venetian landscape painted secretaire (my favorite)


This mirror looked new, but it's early 19th c. Italian 

There were tons of people and tons more items at auction today, which means that the prices were high. I did manage to snag the above mirror and the Hans Hartig painting. And then I decided to leave. You can always find more STUFF.

Prayers for our nation, please.
sending love,
Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment