Thursday, December 7, 2017

NOTABLE MENTION, etc.



See those gorgeous Alabaster Pyramid Lamps on the Italian Console?? I sold them to Nate and Jeremiah about 6 months ago and certainly didn't expect to see them published....but there they are. Nate and Jeremiah are two of my favorite designers--always considerate and positive. Best of all, they sometimes bring Poppy with them as the next generation of designer in training.

Auction Update
I arrived super early before the auction started to make sure not to miss "Minerva"


And she did come home with me--this Wedgwood Basalt bust is in nearly mint condition. I bought her for a friend, but could easily be enticed to keep her. She was pricey, but still a very good buy.
I also brought home a box lot of Minton bouillon cups and saucers with heavy gilt decoration


I didn't count the cups, but there are a lot of them.
Also in the box lot was a set of French, Paris Porcelain (?)  small plates


with gold decoration, didn't count these either, but I think there must be quite a few. (I probably paid too much for the porcelain, but just couldn't let it go.
And finally, I bought the most adorable and old--at least early 19th c. Regency (?) Library Steps.


The two bottom steps fold up, turning the steps into a small console. This was a give-away, as it didn't get any bids; so it was mine for a song.
I got a couple of other minor things, but really don't have an inch to spare in the shop......need to move some furniture out!! (If you spot any furniture on my site mjhdesignarts.com and love it, it is now almost at a bargain basement price point)

Well, it's getting late and Jones is giving me sad eyes--he's the one that really wants to go to bed.
The fires seem a little calmer, but we desperately need rain and calm winds. Please keep praying.

Now for the Grand Finale

   
The boys really love each other.

Blessing for the day,
Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment