Monday, August 6, 2018

LALO STRIKES AGAIN--he did an amazing job!!


This little sofa is already drawing everyone's attention...Lalo did an amazing job with the upholstery. I love the contrast of the herringbone tweed against the turn-of-the-century carved mahogany frame which I call Corinthian meets Chippendale.
Here's what the sofa looked like when I bought him


Now he's so much more handsome in a proper suit.
Here's a shot of the accompanying chair pre-Lalo


And here's what he looks like all cleaned up


I just love his very sexy funky legs


Lalo also brought back the pair of Karges benches--here's a before shot


And here's what they look like now




Roberto still has a bit of restoration work left and then these funky guys will be ready to go. The benches are quite generous and will be perfect at the end of a bed. Lalo is truly a master at tufting--it's not that easy.
I brought home lots of great "stuff" last Thursday, but I just finished watching "Capote" and my head is still attempting to process the movie. I do not see how it would be possible for an actor to survive emotionally after creating this film. The world lost a  powerful creative with the loss of Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

No comments:

Post a Comment