Sunday, September 2, 2018

PERSPECTIVE


I grabbed this image from an Eckhart Tolle blog post.

This past Friday and Saturday were the Memorial Services of two great Americans--John McCain and Aretha Franklin. Both were towers of integrity in a world where light is struggling to break through the darkness of our political landscape.
I spent some personal time honoring them-- their courage to stand for what they believed in. And I realized that although I personally espouse their values, courage and commitment, I am far from actually making a difference. My promise to myself is to have more courage to fight for integrity in myself, our government and in the moment by moment choices I make over what I think, who I judge and to which type of discourse I contribute. Am I really making a positive impact or is it simply wishful thinking? 
Yes, life can be serious but when I remember the words of John McCain and the songs of Aretha, I can lighten up a bit. Aretha said it best: R-E-S-P-E-C-T and her tone was joyful, forceful and positive.

Happy Labor Day--Fall IS COMING.

Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment