Thursday, September 26, 2019

WE WON IT--AUCTION BLESSINGS




I spied this divine antique Chinese cart or carriage wheel at Preview yesterday.........I was instinctively drawn to it. Most of the other Chinese cart wheels that I have seen are are very, very rustic and heavily degraded.
But not this guy, he retains his great waxed hardwood surface. I love the fact that he has been repaired with forged iron braces and that his forged iron rim has been retained.
The minute I saw him I sensed so many of the meanings of the circle--a mandala, the Buddhist and Hindu symbol of the universe or, in a dream, the dreamer's search for unity or completeness. It represents pregnancy either with child or with creativity; it represents the joy of existence and hope in what will be revealed; the potential of each individual.
I really didn't think that I stood much of a chance to bring him home......We bid against all of the heavy hitters in Los Angeles, i.e., Joel Chen, Blackman Cruz, etc. But I guess they just weren't interested.....and Gerry won with an incredibly low bid. I am so excited--over the years I have bought thousands of items, but this will always be one of my most treasured. 
The fall sky is with us now and it brings joy to my California heart.....Yeah!! I get to wear cashmere again. It's supposed to rain on Saturday and only get up to 69* or 70*--which definitely means a cashmere day.
I'm off to bed----sending blessings for the day.

Mary & Cole










No comments:

Post a Comment