Friday, December 20, 2019

NOAH'S ARK CHRISTMAS TREE

I've been adding to my Noah's Ark Christmas tree for years on end. This year I added Adam and Eve to the multitude of animals that have come to roost on  the tree.


I haven't counted the beasties, but there must be close to 100 by now. And I know that I'll find space for a few more next year.


Well, I'm ready--presents are bought and wrapped. Major grocery shopping is almost done. And I'm so grateful that my family and those close to me are well.

Yesterday was the last auction of the year.....and just when I thought that I would never be able to acquired an Italian chest of drawers..........I got one.
Blessings come to those who wait.




It's pretty cute. Not the more elegant form that I was looking for, but this guy has great personal integrity:
solid walnut, two-board top, original back and old surface. The hardware is old, but not original. This type of chest didn't normally have drawer pulls, but a key (with tassel) was used to open the drawers. The chest needs Roberto's magic touch and then, it will be all set to go to its new owner.
I love country neoclassical pieces like this one--the old finish is smooth as silk and begs to be touched. You can mix this style with almost any design aesthetic (except frou-frou). And you really can't hurt it, because the wood has already acquired a deep natural patina. Best of all, you can place the chest just about any where.

Well, I'm off to bed--no sugar plums just yet. Tomorrow is baking day.

Sending blessings for Christmas and beyond.
Mary & Cole

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Mary! I LOVE THAT BEAST TREE!!!! Animals to me are part of my life and to celebrate nature as part of the gift of life is only natural! And I thank you my dear, for coming to visit my blog. May you have a hopeful, happy and healthy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Blessings today and tomorrow and for all of 2020!!
      xoxo Mary

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to express my appreciation for your sharing of knowledge and experience with us - it's such fun to hear about the joys (?) of owning a business plus, I have learned so much about the furniture and treasures you describe and photograph. Must confess...wish I had a Roberto too. A happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, Thank you so much for writing. As I'm sure you can tell, I love what I do........it's the hunt and the amazing people that I meet that inspire me. Sending New Year's blessings to you, as well. Mary

      Delete