Sunday, February 16, 2020

ADDING TO MY SHOP ZOO



I love large animal sculptures in design--they add energy to more formal (stuffy) rooms and add warmth to just about any space. I have a many many beasties---Indonesian mythological horse & rider, a pair of carved Chinese camels, koi fish, a tortoise for good luck, a very large Tonala cat, dog portraits, tons of Staffordshire lions and dogs, various shi-shis (foo dogs) dragons, just sold a pair of monkeys.......I think that you get the picture.
Gerry brought in this amazing hippopotamus a couple of weeks ago and he (maybe she?) has become my best buddy. I think he's Terracotta and marked "Italy". The modeling and detail are top notch--she has a wonderful attitude and she's very large: 36 inches wide.



Of course, we have new large (25" high) Shi-Shis that are great protectors


With Mercury in retrograde I need all of the tortoise energy that I can find. I think I'll bring Mr. Tortoise up to the front of shop.

Sending blessings for the week,

Mary & Cole







3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Maybe we should all send turtles to the Democrats for luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen,
      I just saw your comment. Yes!! We all need some inspiration. xoxo Mary

      Delete
  2. Hope all's well with you. Is your business completely shut down? The Florida panhandle doesn't have as many dire cases as the bigger cities, but we're still hibernating (which isn't such a bad thing for now.)

    ReplyDelete