Thursday, April 23, 2020

KINGSTON----i.e., I got nothing


Well......... I am now entering day No.39 of my being home. That's means home and that's it. No masks, no 6 feet, no gloves.........my immune system is super compromised so I simply can't go out. Soooooo I'm down to posting about my cat. Kingston has fought me all day for the computer---I guess he likes the warmth. He patiently waits beside me and the moment I leave the computer, he assumes either that position or one completely covering the key pad.

There might be some glimmer of hope on the horizon--take a look at this map


It looks like (if the data trend holds) California might consider opening up certain parts of the economy during the second week of May........Of course there is no guarantee about anything these days, but it does brighten my spirit just a bit.

Cole has been failing over the last couple of months--he is officially a very very old lab--almost 15. So we are living every moment to the fullest with him--he now gets treats and loves non-stop and boy!--has he become the most spoiled dog ever.

Wishing safety, care and blessings

Mary & Cole



8 comments:

  1. Glad you and pets are well for now. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen!! Thank you. I'm being very good. But do need to get going some time. I've been wondering if my brain will ever function properly again.
      Stay well. xoxo
      Mary

      Delete
  2. I miss seeing all your treasures but that sure is a cute cat. Stay safe and be my inspiration to get back to the Auctions .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Calvin, I will be returning to Jones & Cole very soon. I miss writing, too. We lost Cole a couple of weeks ago...another reason to have a heavy heart. Sending love and gratitude, Mary

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry for you. That seems an even worse loss given the state of the world.

      Delete
    3. Hi Calvin,
      Thank you. He has been a good and faithful friend to the entire family. He went to play with Jones a couple of weeks ago. And miraculously, two rescues arrived within two weeks. They are full of love and just what we needed.
      I'll be posting later tonight......my brain is finally beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
      Sending love,
      Mary

      Delete
  3. Dear Mary, good morning! I do hope that you are well and will continue to be so - I had to work from home doing Distance Learning from March until the end of school the first week of June. We all just have to be careful and hope that a vaccine comes soon. It was lovely to see your comment this morning on my blog; I agree that for the serious circumstances at hand such as reformation of laws and finding a vaccine for the virus, we need to act. Each one of us must do something to support the efforts to bring equality into our communities, understanding in each heart. My blog post was merely a moment to sit and relax to give time to think, reflect and renew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Oh, I know that you meant that we should all breathe deeply. And we should actually enjoy this moment of finally having the time and space to think and meditate--I love Eric Satie--but right now my soul is craving connection to the world. We are at a momentous tipping point....I'm praying that we will finally shift our global attitude regarding what is valuable and to be sought. Thank you for all that you do to bring that shift forward. xoxox Mary

      Delete