Sunday, December 16, 2012

NO MORE

I cannot think of a single thing to say except

    NO MORE.....NOW IS THE TIME TO 
   STAND UP, BE COUNTED AND BE 
   HEARD IN SUPPORT OF 
    GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION.

My entire life I have opposed the notion that little boys (or girls) are just being "boys" when they played with toys guns. My little boys did not have any toy guns.

I have always opposed violent video games. We never had violent games in my house.

I have always opposed watching gratuitously violent TV shows and movies--we didn't watch them in my house.

New research is showing a causal relationship between violent video games, TV shows and movies played and viewed by our children and subsequent violence exhibited in their behavior and attitudes towards explicit violence.

NOW--IS THE MOMENT to voice our desire for very strict gun control--SCREAMING at all of our governmental entities until proper PERMANENT legislation is passed.

I am sick of being held hostage by the NRA and the like. HOW MANY MORE OF US WILL DIE BECAUSE OF FEARFUL LEGISLATORS???
Perhaps we cannot control violent video games except in our homes and the same can be said for TV shows and movies. (Freedom of Speech Issues)

BUT WE DO HAVE A HUGE VOICE IN OUR GOVERNMENT. SIGN EVERY PETITION REGARDING GUN CONTROL THAT POPS UP ON YOUR EMAIL. ATTEND VIGILS AND RALLIES IN SUPPORT OF THE VICTIMS OF FRIDAY'S MASSACRE (and so many others).  USE EVERY MEANS AVAILABLE TO INFLUENCE THE POWERS THAT BE.

This is not the time to go passive and complain that we do not have power-----we have all of the power that we choose to embrace. 

WE DO HAVE A VOICE--WE JUST HAVE TO STAND UP AND USE IT.

MARY      

4 comments:

  1. I fear that guns and their use have become something like sporting equipment and one part recreation. Even those that own the guns can keep them locked but that will not stop nor deter the evil lurking.
    I am so very saddened over the horrific incident. Those poor innocent lives vanished too soon by a young person who obviously needed help and no gun law would change this scenario. Mental illness needs our attention and care.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, My heart is heavy, also. So many lives shattered. So sad for what this boy/man must have suffered. So sad for all of us.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. I still do not understand why boobs need an R rating and Rambo does not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in total agreement. Personally, I think that Rambo is disgusting and stupid.
      Mary

      Delete