Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NEW YEAR'S FOCUS


     
I am a faithful reader of Seth's Blog. Today's post is one that I'm going to keep foremost during 2013. I'm quoting a few lines, but you can read the entire post at  sethgodin.typepad.com.

    DO YOU REMEMBER?
    "....Are you more trusted? More skilled? More
     connected to people who care about your work?
     How many people would miss your work if you
     stopped contributing it?

     New Year's resolutions rarely work, because good
     intentions don't often survive a collision with
     reality. But an inventory is a helpful tool, a way to
     keep track of what you're building. Drip by drip....."

Seth usually blogs about small business related topics. But I extend his blogs to my personal growth. I think that we are called to be positive forces in this world, called to leave a positive imprint.
I'm late with taking inventory today (I ate something that I shouldn't have and am suffering the consequences)---but tonight I'm taking personal, as well as my small business inventory. To me "drip by 
drip" is a rephrasing of step by step. One positive action, thought, contribution leads to another. The small step approach to growth means sustained measured growth with roots that grow deep and will weather passing storms. (And all storms, by their nature, do pass)

I'm not too sure what my inventory will reveal, but now is the time to find out and adjust for new roots and resulting sprouts.  I think that 2013 is going to be a fantastic year for all of us in the design field--but everything is constantly (and has always been) in a state of flux. I only know that to be prepared for the future I must become more pliable and open to what is presented: bending with the flow so that I can reap the benefits. THIS IS NOT AN EASY TASK...BUT SO WORTH THE QUEST.

I took Jones back to the Park for the first time since his ACL incident--boy is he a happy guy. Hopefully, no more messes (there is one waiting for me right now).

Wishing all of us the best in 2013!!!!!!!

Mary and Jones (&Cole)
   

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful words of wisdom Mary. Change is certainly constant, adjusting with it making it work in our favor. Every day in every way I am getting stronger and stronger!

    All the best in The New Year ahead!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena, Thank you. Yep, not growing is not an option. Sending love,
      Mary

      Delete
  2. I want to know if you have a pineapple finial with the following measurements: 1" or 7/8" diameter, 2" inches long and 1-1/2" inch wide.

    ReplyDelete