Thursday, January 7, 2016

HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR

I've been hibernating just a bit...........

To get a head start on 2016 Roberto and I spent  all of Tuesday and Wednesday taking down, taking apart, taking up rugs, moving to a new additional little space, painting, etc. Of course, after we took everything apart (with the exception of the back wall), then we really had to hustle to put everything back together.
Here are a couple of "before" shots of one section




And here are the results of our (Roberto's) work






Still have pictures to hang plus fine tuning, but most of the heavy lifting is done. I love the new gray color with hints of blue. The art work will stand out much better. I moved most of the 18th c. French pieces to the new space; so now there is room for the pieces to breathe a bit......'til I start filling it up again.

I went to my Thursday auction today....there was tons of stuff!!! But with the auction house having been closed for about a month (and I have had serious auction/buying withdrawal symptoms) there were also tons of people and competition. I was determined not to walk away empty handed, but only managed to buy some blue stemmed Murano glass ware....some days are like that; so I will just save my pennies as I know that there is ALWAYS more next week.

I hope that everyone had a relaxing Christmas and New Year's day. Jones and my Holidays were great: lots of cooking (I'm almost back to my former self)--made my traditional black eyed peas and ham shanks to ring in 2016. For me, 2015 was one of those growth (translate traumatic) years that I will not repeat. My eyes are set on 2016 as I'm determined that it will be phenomenal in every way.

Sending blessing for the New Year.

Mary, Jones & Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment