Monday, December 21, 2015

TRANSFORMATION


Lalo just brought these guys back. I was pretty excited to see them. My last adventure with Lalo was not one that I wanted to repeat. But Lalo truly did a bang up job with this pair.
Here's what they looked like before reupholstery


 

Here are the detail photos.



To modernize the form, I had Lalo replace the "puffiness" of the 1940's upholstery with clean tight lines. The blue/gray 100% linen also updates the chairs. The French carved walnut frames are top notch. Note the scalloped bottom edge (not an easy job to apply the welt) and the reeding to the back/side rail. I love the moderne detail of the exaggerated arms. And they are super comfortable. Now, buyers, please walk in the door tomorrow.

I went grocery shopping today. We are having Standing Rib Roast (I usually don't eat red meat--but will make an exception) and shrimp. Plus all of the usual stuff.  I only have a couple of little presents to get for The Girls--so I'm ready--just about everything is wrapped, too.

Sending Christmas blessings.

Mary & Jones & Cole




4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done and Mary these will sell quickly! Wonderful and I really enjoyed your email; still want to talk very soon!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    The Meaning of the Season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas--the goose is definitely fat. xoxo Mary

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous lines! And I luvvvv the linen, Mary! Want those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, Thank you. Sending Christmas blessings!! xoxo Mary

      Delete