Monday, March 13, 2017

HEADLINES LOST IN "TT" (Times of Trump) --SEVERE FAMINE IN AFRICA



There is a tragedy unfolding in Africa. The magnitude of the approaching famine currently threatening major areas of Africa has not previously been seen in the 65 year history of the United Nations.
There are two tragedies unfolding concurrently: (1) is the immense suffering occurring to more than 20 million people on the brink of starvation in Africa with an anticipated 1.5 million to die of hunger this year. (2) With the world focused on TT (Times of Trump) and this President's incompetence, personality disorders and madness, we have given virtually ZERO coverage to the unfolding scenarios around the world.

TT has given rise to a societal blindness to the suffering of our brothers.

Will we become a world where we are so immersed in the behavior of an egocentric narcissist that we fail to take note of the broader societal concerns. (I don't care about Ivanka's clothing brand)

I HOPE NOT...I KNOW NOT...WE ARE NOT LEMURS!! 

Over the past year I have concentrated my giving efforts on election goals---------I'm switching to a broader perspective (I, too, have become hypnotized by TT).
There are so many vetted organizations that are doing wonderful work in feeding the hungry. To name just a few:
                   Mercy Corps
                   UNICEF
                   Doctors Without Borders
                   Save The Children
                   Global Giving
                   The Red Cross
                   Catholic Charities
                   World Vision.......
(Credit Cards and PayPal have made giving easy!)
                   
I'm now getting off my soap box. I am determined to be more conscious of our amazing world and its people. I will discover where my efforts can be most effective; where I can hope to alleviate (even to a very small degree) the suffering of others.

Thank for listening.

Blessings,
Mary & Jones & Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment