Friday, March 10, 2017

TREASURE HUNTING--The Ups and Downs


This gorgeous Paul Evans "Skyline" dining table was front and center at the auction on Thursday. Needless to say, I want it very, very, very badly. The brass veneering was in very good condition and the burl veneering only had a couple of minor issues. My good friend, Gerry, decided that he would make an attempt to buy the table. The table sold for about $4200 and Gerry was the under bidder. Oh well, there's always a next time. Unfortunately, Paul Evans is really hot RIGHT NOW.
Although the table went to another dealer, I did bring home a few choice bits.....
I've been looking for a little desk to replace the my large English Campaign desk that's going to be restored next week. I saw a little kneehole desk, but really didn't pay much attention to it until I sat in front of the reverse side of the desk and realized that it was really old and that I should buy it. I hesitated because these English pieces aren't selling that well in California. I pulled this photos from 1stdibs, the desk I bought is similar, but not quite this good


So I will be going from a large double pedestal desk to this adorable little guy. This George III desk dates to c.1760--my desk has the same bracket feet--the hardware on this example is of the best quality and all original.  

Is everyone signing petitions, going to Town Hall Meetings, donating time and money?? Let's keep the pressure up. 

Jones is a mess--he's getting his hair done tomorrow. Then he can come back to work. He's a very big boy any way, but when you add 3 inches of hair everywhere, he looks like a giant and scares people at work (not good when the goal is to sell).

Must get to bed.
Blessing to all.'
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment