Thursday, March 1, 2018

PAINTINGS PASSION


This painting is coming up next week. Although it seems as if it might be an 18th c. old master, I think (at first glance) that it's Pre-Raphaelite "Moorish" 19th c. painting. I love her eyes and mystery; the  jeweling on the head covering is finely detailed and the play of light across her face is breath taking. Unfortunately, there is a major flaw in the painting--there are probably more, but haven't caught them yet--the tips of her fingers and nails are not well painted....
One of my favorite items to offer is decorative/middle market to lower end fine paintings. When the crash of 2008 hit, the bottom fell out of the middle market for paintings; I stopped buying. It seems as if that middle/decorative market is making a resurgence. I'm going to study up a bit and sharpen my eye. 
I didn't go to auction this week--taking a little break--trying to complete all of the projects that are already on my plate......

Sending blessings for the week.

Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment